1. Definitions: In this contract, the following terms have the following meanings:
1.1. “We” or “us”: Black Mountains Barns Limited;
1.2. “You” or “your”: The Client as defined in the booking;
1.3. “The Barns”: The Barns at Lower Hunt House, Longtown;
1.4. “Shepherd’s Hut”: The Shepherd’s Hut at Lower Hunt House, Longtown
2. Website: Save for personally identifiable data or information (which shall remain private and confidential) any material that you cause to be sent or posted to our Website shall be deemed non-proprietary and will not be private and confidential. We shall be free to copy, disclose or otherwise use any such material for any purpose related to our business.
3. You agree not to cause to be sent or posted to our website any material which (1) you are not authorised or entitled to use or process, or (2) which might reasonably be considered to be racially or sexually offensive to any other person or which might reasonably be considered to be defamatory.
4. Any link on our website to any third party website has been provided for the convenience of our clients. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any data or information contained on any such website.
5. The owner or manager of any third party website that has linked to our website agrees not to replicate any page of our website or to represent either expressly or implicitly that we have endorsed any service or product offered by any such third party website.
6. Private Data: If you provide to us any personally identifiable data or information, you thereby agree that we may hold such data or information and that we may process the same in order to contact you either about your booking or about any future promotion or offer.
7. Once your booking has been agreed and confirmed, you are entering into a legally binding contract with us. Our contract not only confers on you the right to use the facilities which you have booked, but also imposes obligations on you. Our contract is subject to these terms and conditions, which set out the respective rights and obligations of both parties under this contract.
8. Payment: The agreed hiring fee for your booking will comprise a 25% deposit and a 75% balance. The deposit is payable in full at the time of your booking. The balance must be paid:
8.1. In the case of a wedding or party, not less than 6 months before the date of your event;
8.2. In the case of a venue hire to run a yoga retreat or other workshop, not less than 2 months before the date of your event.
9. Booking Cancellation
9.1. Deposits are non-refundable.
9.2. Should you cancel your wedding booking within 6 months of the event date, the full balance will remain payable. We strongly recommend that you take out wedding insurance to cover yourself in this eventuality.
9.3. Should you cancel your booking for venue hire for a private event (other than a wedding) within 3 months of the event date, the full balance will remain payable.
9.4. Should you cancel your booking for a yoga workshop within 2 months of the event date, the full balance will remain payable.
10. Payment Options
10.1. All prices quoted are in UK pounds sterling, and include VAT (whenever applicable) at the current rate. We accept payment by bank transfer or by cheque, but do not accept credit card payment for venue hire bookings.
11. Once your booking has been confirmed and agreed, any request to change details including date(s) will be considered but may only be accommodated at our discretion. Please be aware that it may not be possible to accommodate requests. Should we agree to a request, we reserve the right as a condition of our agreement to invoice any extra cost that might arise as a result of the change. You will be notified of these costs before any amendments are agreed.
12. Care: You agree to take reasonable care when using the Barns and (if applicable) the Shepherd’s Hut. You will be liable for any breakages or damage which you cause to the structure or contents of the Barns and (if applicable) the Shepherd’s Hut. You also agree to report to us any incident. We reserve the right to invoice you for the cost of replacing or repairing any damage that may have occurred during your use of the Barns and (if applicable) the Shepherd’s Hut.
13. Payment for Tickets
13.1. Payment for all tickets must be made in full at the time of booking.
13.2. Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer or credit card.
14. Refund Policy
14.1. Tickets may only be refunded if we have a waiting list for the event and are able to re-sell your ticket. In this case a £5 administration fee will be made for each ticket re-sold. Such requests must be made within 14 days of the event.
14.2. Should the event be cancelled, then you will receive a full refund.
15. Payment for your booking
15.1. To reserve a place on one of our wellbeing events, a deposit of 25% of the stated price will be payable with the balance due 1 month before the date of the event.
15.2. Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer or credit card.
16. Cancellation of your Booking
16.1. In the event that you need to cancel your booking more than 1 month before the date of the wellbeing event, the deposit will be non-refundable but the balance will not be payable. Bookings cancelled within 1 month of the wellbeing event date will still require the balance to be payable unless we have a waiting list and are able to fill your space. In the event that we can fill your space, a £5 administration fee will be applied.
17. You agree to take reasonable care when using the Shepherd’s Hut. You will be liable for any breakages or damage which you cause to the structure or contents of the Shepherd’s Hut. You also agree to report to us any incident. We reserve the right to invoice you for the cost of replacing or repairing any damage that may have occurred during your use of the Shepherd’s Hut.
Additional General Terms
18. Entire Agreement: We agree that this agreement sets out the entire agreement between us. You confirm that we have not made to you and you have not relied upon any representation by us as to the suitability of the Barns and (if applicable) the Shepherd’s Hut for your event, but have relied on your own judgment and assessment of the same.
19. Law and Jurisdiction: Our agreement and any use of our website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with agreement and any use of our website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.